Updated: 30 Oct 2013
@cric is an SMS based application for mobile phone users, through which they can receive live cricket scores updates and cricket schedule through SMS. As you might have guessed, the application was made keeping in mind the potentially huge user-base during the ICC Cricket World-cup.
This application responds with score of all the live matches - user gets a choice to get the detailed score of the match that they are interested in.
The main features of the Application are:
1. View summary of all the live matches in progress
2. View detailed score of a match
3. Set a match as Favorite
4. View schedule of upcoming ODIs, Tests and T20s.
5. Predictor feature which enables users to vote who will win the match.
· SMS @cric ALL to view summary of all live matches
· SMS @cric FAV to set a match as favorite. Eg. @cric FAV B
· SMS @cric UNFAV to reset all favorite matches.
· SMS @cric to view details of a particular match. eg. @cric B.
· SMS @cric SCH to view the schedule of upcoming matches.
· Predictor feature: Predict who will win the match in progress by SMSing @cric VOTE followed by first three letters of a country to vote for it. Eg. @cric B Ind.
· SMS @txtpush sub to subscribe to the live scores
· SMS @txtpush unsub to unsubscribe
About the Application:
The @cric Application runs on three core technologies:
1) TXTWEB SMS Engine: Intuit's SMS Platform for Mobile App Developers.
2) Google App Engine, which lets you run your web applications on Google's infrastructure. I used the Datastore Java API of Google App Engine for storing data, which is a schema-less object datastore, with a query engine and atomic transactions.
3) Google Web Toolkit, a development toolkit for building and optimizing complex browser-based applications."
Hope you enjoy this app. Please give your valuable feedback and ideas to make this app more interesting.
How to use this Service