txtWeb Privacy Statement
At Intuit, we value our relationship with you and place the highest importance on respecting and protecting the privacy of our customers. To help you feel comfortable and confident when using our Web sites, here are the principles that govern our information practices and other privacy aspects of our Web sites. When we use the words "personal information," we're referring to information that personally identifies you. This privacy statement applies to all txtWeb sites and services that display or link to the statement.
What Information We Collect and Why
When you register with us we ask for information like your name and contact information. If you register online, we may automatically collect some information such as license and version information. We may also collect information about you, your business and how you use the product. We use this information to fulfill your request, provide you service, and manage your access to your service. We may also use this information to improve our offerings and business practices, develop new ones, and communicate with you about products and services we feel may interest you.
How We Protect Your Information
Intuit works to protect your personal information from loss, misuse or unauthorized alteration by using industry-recognized security safeguards, coupled with carefully developed security procedures and practices. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable law and federal standards. We use both internal and external resources to review our security procedures. Whenever we prompt you to transmit sensitive information, such as credit card information, we support the encryption of your information as it is transmitted to us. Our employees are trained and required to safeguard your information.
If you are a developer, your account is password protected and we recommend that you do not share your password with anyone. Remember to sign out of your Web-based product and services and close your browser window when you have finished your work. This prevents others from accessing your account if you share a computer or use a computer in a public place, such as a library or Internet cafe. Users that you invite to access your SMS-based services will be required to provide their mobile phone number before they can access the services you provide.
We train and require our employees to safeguard your information. We also use physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to restrict access to personal information to those employees and agents for business purposes only. Additionally, we use internal and external resources to review the adequacy of our security procedures.
How to Protect Your Personal Information
Here are ways to protect your personal information when using the Internet and online services: Additional information about our Security program and additional resources are available here.
- Use a firewall to prevent unauthorized access to your computer.
- Use a virus-checking program and keep it up to date.
- Keep your operating system and programs up to date.
- Close all active programs and logoff before leaving a computer that you share with others.
- Restrict all other folders or directories to "no share" if you use file-sharing programs.
- Choose a user ID that is different from government document IDs. Also do not use your birth-date or some other date or word that is easy to guess.
- Choose a strong password using a combination of letters, numbers and special characters that are meaningful to you and yet not easily guessed by someone else. Keep your password private.
- Do not trust e-mail requests for personal information. On Web sites, look for the lock symbol, which signifies a secure site before supplying personal information. If in doubt, ask.
- When using open Internet chat and forum services, do not supply personal or financial information or more information than necessary to define your problem.
- Read privacy statements to learn how your information will be collected and used.
When and How We Share Your Information
If you are an end user of txtWeb services, you are both a customer of the developer providing you the content you requested and of Intuit. The developer providing you content has access to your mobile number and may use that number according to their own privacy statement.
We do not share your personal information with other people or companies for their own marketing uses without your permission. We do sometimes contract with other people or companies to help us run and manage our business, but these service providers are under contract with us and cannot use your personal information for their own purposes.
Intuit is a global company with facilities around the world. As such, Intuit may access and store your personal information in other countries. Some of those countries may have different levels of privacy protections. When you submit personal information to Intuit, you agree to allow Intuit to transfer your personal data outside of your home country.
Sometimes, we ask outside firms, or third parties, to help us provide services, such as designing a Web site, sending e-mails, registering a prospective domain name, or analyzing data. Our contracts with these third parties outline the appropriate use and handling of your information and prohibit them from using any of your personal information for purposes unrelated to the product or service they're providing. We require vendors to maintain the confidentiality of the information we provide to them.
We may disclose, access, or report personal information when we believe, in good faith; we're required to abide by the law or to protect our legal rights. We may also do this in connection with an investigation into a suspected violation involving the Terms of Service, fraud, intellectual property infringement, or other activity that may be illegal or expose us to legal liability. For example, we may be required to disclose personal information to cooperate with regulators or law enforcement authorities or to comply with a court order, subpoena, search warrant, or law enforcement request.
We work with other companies or developers to provide you with products and services which we clearly identify. Either Intuit or the other company may offer these products and services. We clearly identify these co-branded products and services. In some cases, we exchange customer usage information to establish and provide ongoing service. By requesting these products or services, you are permitting us to provide your personal and usage information to the other company to fulfill your request.
We also may share non-identifiable, non-personal aggregate information about our users with third parties, such as advertisers or partners, for marketing and promotional purposes. Our Web sites may provide links to third-party sites, such as those of our business partners and online advertisers. These could include other services, promotions or sweepstakes offered by business partners. Because Intuit does not control the information policies or practices of these third parties, you should review their privacy policies to learn more about how they collect and use personal information.
If we sell, merge or transfer any part of our business, part of the sale may include your personal information. If so, you will be asked if you'd like to stop receiving promotional information following any change of control.
We may use sources outside of Intuit to supplement the information you give us. For example, we may validate your address using other sources. We use this data to help us maintain accuracy and provide you with better service.
Intuit and its subsidiaries may exchange information about your transactions to fulfill your requests. We may also provide you information about products or services we believe you may be interested in unless you have asked us not to contact you. We offer you the opportunity to review privacy practices at our subsidiaries' Web sites.
If we make material changes to any of our privacy policies or practices regarding personal information we will update our statement and post a notice on our site 30 days before they take effect.
Community and Feedback
We may provide discussion forums, blogs and other community-oriented features that enable forum members to communicate with other members. To participate in the forum, we require you to register with a valid e-mail address. We may use your e-mail address to contact you regarding your postings or to inquire about your community experience. We recommend that you exercise discretion in posting personal information on this message board. Any information you provide is accessible by other users. We also have many places where users can provide feedback and suggestions. It is optional to provide your personal information. These submissions are not confidential or proprietary, and we may publish this information in a way that does not identify you personally Some of our marketing emails have a "Refer-a-Friend" feature that provides you with the ability to automatically send information about Intuit Small Business Products and Services to your Friends. Your friend's e-mail address will only be used for the one-time distribution of the information and will not be used for any other purpose.
We offer various Internet chat services. We encrypt our Internet chat sessions and retain a transcript of the session to help us resolve your current and potential future questions.
More about Internet technologies
We use a variety of technologies on our Web sites. Among these are cookies, which are pieces of information that our Web sites provide to your browser. Cookies also allow us to customize your visit to our Web site by recognizing you, for example, when you return to the site. Cookies also allow us to track overall site usage and determine areas users prefer. You may decline cookies while at our Web site, but may keep you from accessing certain areas of the Web site. Most browsers accept and maintain cookies by default. The "Help" menu of your browser will help you change your cookie preference.
We may access and set cookies to help recognize when you return to a website, to confirm that you are logged in, or to maintain a web session. Our web servers log your activity on our sites. The logged information contains your IP address, browser type and version, and the pages you view. To help us collect site usage data, we use service providers to place Web beacons on specific Web pages and send usage information about that page. Web beacons, also known as single-pixel GIFs, are invisible graphical images. These Web beacons provide useful information regarding our site which allows us to improve our products and services.
We also keep track of how you get to our sites and any links you click on to leave our sites. We do not track URLs that you type into your browser, nor do we track you across the Internet once you leave our sites. We use your Web site activity to assist you by reducing the need to re-enter your data and to help us resolve technical support issues. We may also use this information to offer you a personalized Web experience, and to tailor our offerings to you. When we send you e-mails, we may include a Web beacon to determine how many people open our e-mails. When you click on a link in an e-mail, we record this individual response to customize our offerings to you. Remember, you control whether you receive Intuit promotional communications through e-mail, phone, or postal mail.
We may use advertising networks to display ads in our products and services or about other sites. Advertising networks may assign a cookie that enables us to provide information relevant to you. The information that networks collect is anonymous and is not linked to your personal information. You may opt out of this service, which Intuit does not control. The Network Advertising Initiative http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp provides more information about this practice and how to opt out.
You may opt out of txtWeb SMS by sending "STOP" in a SMS message to 92433 42000 (INDIA) or 898932 (US or Canada).
Closing Your Account
If you are a developer, you may close your account at any time by contacting us on www.txtweb.com
If you are an end user of a developer application, you may stop your service at any time by sending "STOP" in an SMS message to 92433 42000 (INDIA) or 898932 (US or Canada).
Contact us for any privacy concerns or questions at:
Or write to us at:
2800 East Commerce Center Place,
Tucson, AZ 85706
More about Mobile
Mobile information we collect and how we use it
- We collect personal information from you in order to set up and manage your account, as well as contact you about your service. We may also use this information to contact you about special offerings that may interest you.
- We will record your mobile phone number and associate it with your account in order to set up and manage your account, as well as contact you about your service. We may also collect information about your mobile phone, such as the type of your phone, your carrier, and other information that does not identify you personally but helps us improve our services to you.
- If you use location-enabled products and services, you may be sending us location information. This information may or may not reveal your actual location. We only use this information to provide you the service you request.
- If you personalize your product or service, we may ask for some information about you, such as your preferences, in order to do the personalization of your request. We may also use this information to better personalize our own communications to you.
- We may also use information about you that does not identify you personally, such as how you use our offerings, and combine your non-identifying data with that of others to improve our offerings and develop new ones.
- We may share your information with third parties that help us in our business processes, such as message delivery and financial transactions. These third parties are contractually obligated to only use this information to fulfill these services and must follow our privacy policies and practices. We do not share your personal information with third parties for their own purposes.
- We may share with third parties information that does not identify you personally in order to track trends and develop or improve products and services.
- We and your/our carriers may be required by law to exclude some types of inappropriate content from mobile messages. See our terms of service for details of what is inappropriate content. This means that we and your/our carriers may routinely monitor for inappropriate message content.
- Intuit is a global company and may store and handle your personal information across our company in countries other than your own.
- By necessity, your requests/messages go through mobile aggregator and your/our mobile carrier's network. This means that aggregators and carriers may have access to your requests and messages, and aggregator/carrier privacy policies also apply.
- If you use one of our offerings to post information to others, please protect your own personal information. Do not share or post that information, especially sensitive information, without careful thought.